On what I walk to see...

"Objects do not have any intrinsic meaning- that meaning is conferred on them by us- and that different people, and the same person at different times, may confer different meanings on the same object." (Hammersley, 1989, p. 135)

Saturday, February 25, 2012

Water dance at Lincoln Center the day the water main broke

It took me hours to go from 110th and Broadway down to Lincoln Center on Sept. 19th, 2011- not knowing that that the subway systems also got crippled by the water main break as I was crippling aimlessly away from my Upper West side.

I think I might have heard something about the disruption in the subway services when I went to get my metrocard recharged at the 72nd street station.  However, I paid it no mind because there is no disability access at 110th station, which makes busing a better option.

Not to mention, my psychotic symptoms were having a field trip... as a result, I was in a phase of paying no nothing no mind anyways.  lol

Somehow, I landed at Lincoln center and spent hours messmorized by the water going up and down da fountain at Lincoln Center.


Fountain 1

Fountain 2


I actually took off because my body was getting really tired.  In addition, it was not a good idea for me to be hanging on the outside in the night when my psychotic symptoms were out of my control.

Unfortunately, the buses were sooooo full and there was no way I could get myself into them buses.  I, thus, decided to get back to the fountain and stared at the water dance some more.

Fountain 3


It was not until much later, and, after I went into Bed, Bath and Beyond to get my once a day vitamins did I bumped into this lady I saw in the park often.

She asked me how I was...  I complained about somehow the buses were too full and I couldn't get home.

If I recall correctly though my memories aren't so good nowadays, so she had me informed... "The water main broke."  That was the reason why.

Right afterwards, a not-so-crowded M104 came and I finally could get back home.

It is not until today did I first see the clips of the havoc caused by the water main break... OMG... the street looks almost like a creek...

No comments:

Post a Comment