On what I walk to see...

"Objects do not have any intrinsic meaning- that meaning is conferred on them by us- and that different people, and the same person at different times, may confer different meanings on the same object." (Hammersley, 1989, p. 135)

Sunday, April 8, 2012

威秀影城 Vieshow Cinemas (Formerly 華納威秀 Warner Village)

The day I went searching for 華納威秀 Warner Village...  I walked on and walked on- simply couldn't find the famous 華納威秀 Warner Village structure.  Only to be informed at some point as I was roaming around the vicinity like a lab rat lost in a maze... something like...

"There is no longer 華納威秀 Warner Village.  It is now 威秀影城 Vieshow Cinemas... just kept on walking down this way."

Finally, in a distance, I saw the sign... "Vieshow Cinemas."

Hooray!  Finally da!

This is a classic picture since the scafold has been taken down. Updated 1/23/2013  
Only to find out... oops... the famous Vieshow Cinemas seemed to be getting some spa treatment if not a facelift... 8-O lol

Sorry for the disturbance since my mama always says, "You are doing facial?  Let me not interrupt."

So it is, my first impression of the great Vieshow Cinemas... facial if not facelift in process... lol

Actually, the structure of Vieshow Cinemas (威秀影城 ) contains two red-white buildings linked through a red overpass.  As you can see in the pictures, the steel painted in big bright red does give people some impression!  Guess this is what you call... the modernistic kinda style?


Various dates- 4/8/2012

No comments:

Post a Comment