On what I walk to see...

"Objects do not have any intrinsic meaning- that meaning is conferred on them by us- and that different people, and the same person at different times, may confer different meanings on the same object." (Hammersley, 1989, p. 135)

Wednesday, January 2, 2013

國家音樂廳 National Concert Hall, Taipei

The last time I went to the MET opera to do my standing room thing behind the orchestra seats was before my accident in 2007.    After the accident, walking first... and above all... though I did attend some live performances here and there once in a while...

Just so happened, this friend of my from New York was performing in the National Concert Hall the past two days and realized that I am actually in Taipei.  Such realization got my mom and I two orchestra seats to attend the "National Symphony Orchestra 2013 New Year Concert- Forever Love"- a program starting with the overture of "La forza" and one of my shifus for classical music, Marc Heller, as the soloist on stage.

How I had fun!  I even got to go to the backstage for the first time in my life and took pictures with the soloists! (Another manifestation of the "How did I get there" phenomena... I guess... 8-O lol)


No comments:

Post a Comment