On what I walk to see...

"Objects do not have any intrinsic meaning- that meaning is conferred on them by us- and that different people, and the same person at different times, may confer different meanings on the same object." (Hammersley, 1989, p. 135)

Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Rally of Fury (火大) in Taipei Jan. 13th, 2013

The Rally of Fury (火大) took place in Taipei on January 13th, 2013.

Those who came from all over the Taiwan... including farmers, labor workers, and people in all other walks. While those from the main island of Taiwan came with a bus, there were still others, such as those from the island of Kinmen, might have needed to come to Taiwan by Air or water first.

Protesters in the rally demanded a better living through reforms in economy, politics, democracy and the government.  They also protested against specific issues affecting common people's daily living--the increase of both the oil and water prices, the decreasing salaries, the unraveling of labor pension plan, and continuing construction of the fourth nuclear plant.

 

I even partake in the rally without a cane and during the time of dosage adjustment (ya, got overdosed on Seroquel again and dosage adjustment inevitably makes me more paranoid delusional), and tried my best to stay way from the crowd.  How does one be in the rally while be not in the crowd?  Well, I appended myself to the end of the parade and made sure there were not too many people behind me who might want to walk before me... since I am slow.


No comments:

Post a Comment