On what I walk to see...

"Objects do not have any intrinsic meaning- that meaning is conferred on them by us- and that different people, and the same person at different times, may confer different meanings on the same object." (Hammersley, 1989, p. 135)

Thursday, December 8, 2011

The music clock at Sogo Department store

There is this nice fancy clock right above the east main entrance of Sogo Department store on Zhongxiao East road.  At around 4-5 minutes before the hour, little people would come out and sort of perform to the music of "It's a small world."

How cute!

Yet, somehow I have this feeling that they seemed to have remodeled the clock and it doesn't look as exciting as before.



The most interesting thing, though, is that I saw a group of 4-5 Caucasian-looking foreigners came out of the door right beneath the clock as I was waiting impatiently for the show to start... I looked at them and thought... "Wow... foreigners..." as if I have never seen non-Taiwanese before... (although, God knows, maybe they are also Taiwanese).

I am a nut case... I know... 8-O lol

No comments:

Post a Comment