On what I walk to see...

"Objects do not have any intrinsic meaning- that meaning is conferred on them by us- and that different people, and the same person at different times, may confer different meanings on the same object." (Hammersley, 1989, p. 135)

Thursday, January 26, 2012

Central-Mid-Levels Escalator and Walkway System in Hong Kong

The Central-Mid-Levels Escalator and Walkway System (中環至半山自動扶手電梯系統) is made up of a whole bunched of escalators.    The entire system is considered the longest outdoor covered escalator system according to Guinness World Records.

I was really liking its design at the beginning.... because I haven't been able to do the mountain climbing thing since 2007.  The higher it went, the more worried I was about how I was to get down. 8-X lol



And, yes, buses are available on the other end.

The only problem... it was around the rush hour.  We eventually took the bus down to Central instead of going to Causeway Bay directly instead... long story.

When in Central, my dad wanted to take the train.

I went immediately, "No way Jose."

So they say... people have gone back to work today.  Thus, I will not and will not be able to do the train/subway thing at the busiest station around rush hour.  "No way Jose." 8-X lol

No comments:

Post a Comment