On what I walk to see...

"Objects do not have any intrinsic meaning- that meaning is conferred on them by us- and that different people, and the same person at different times, may confer different meanings on the same object." (Hammersley, 1989, p. 135)

Monday, October 15, 2012

Hidden sculptures of Financial Center (金融中心)

Every time I walked back home from the vicinity of the Taipei Rail station after the visit to my shrink, I would walk past this building, and, perhaps, take a smoking break in front of the building before moving further on, crossing the street.

Then, one time, this gentleman coming out of the building told me that there was a smoking area behind the building...  I walked down as per his direction and found sculptures installed in this hidden garden.

When I went back to see my shrink last time, I was determined to visit this garden again-- including spending some time staring at da rolling stone and running water.  How cleansing!

And, the haphazard nature of life's discoveries!

No comments:

Post a Comment