On what I walk to see...

"Objects do not have any intrinsic meaning- that meaning is conferred on them by us- and that different people, and the same person at different times, may confer different meanings on the same object." (Hammersley, 1989, p. 135)

Sunday, October 14, 2012

Taiwan's Gems - Wen Stone Exhibition (獨具慧「眼」─臺灣文石特展)


Attended a guided tour on Taiwan's Gems - Wen Stone Exhibition (獨具慧「眼」─臺灣文石特展) when I visit to 國立臺灣博物館 National Taiwan Museum the other day.   The special exhibition will go on till 2013/2/24.

The gemstone, Wen stone are found in basalts.  There are only three locations on this planet where these stones could be found- Sicily, Italy as well as Penghu and Sangxia in Taiwan.  The Taiwanese wen stone shows concentric circles while the Sicilian wen stone doesn't.

Love them mushrooms and snails here...



Not only was the tour informing, because I was such a good student, the teacher (tour guide) gave me an unpolished rock as a souvenir!

Unfortunately, I didn't take a picture of him because, I guess, I didn't feel like to put his picture online without his permission but forgot that pictures taken don't need to all go online... (Speaking of cognitive inflexibility.  8-O lol)  One thing I know for sure is that this nice gentleman and I have the same family name: Mr. 張 who love rocks!

No comments:

Post a Comment