On what I walk to see...

"Objects do not have any intrinsic meaning- that meaning is conferred on them by us- and that different people, and the same person at different times, may confer different meanings on the same object." (Hammersley, 1989, p. 135)

Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Sun Yat-Sen Memorial Hall, Taipei

I used to walk up to Guan-fu sourth road along Zhongxiao East Road as my walking routine when possible and physically capable.  These days, I have been trying to build up my strength and stamina even more by walking a bit longer a distance- bodily condition permitted--- and, walking all the way down to the Sun Yat-Sen Memorial Hall.  En route, I'd be doing my work on DWM whenever a rest is taken. (Walking and working at large, I guess. lol)

The little increase in the distance I traversed, interestingly, brought me to some scenes in the neighborhood that I grew up in that I had never known. 8-X 8-O lol

In addition to the kite-flying, doggie-walking and all other outdoor activities imaginable... I found one of my favorite sights... water dance....


I love viewing the water dance from two main angle.... facing Taipei 101 or the front of the Memorial Hall.




The clips with Taipei 101 were taken on various days as indicated by the different colors of lights on Taipei 101 building in the background with one of the rainbow color representing each day of the week starting from Red for Monday. (I didn't know that myself until, one day, when sitting by the fountain waiting for the water dance to start, I heard this guy pointed it out to his pals. lol)



The first half of the above clip with the Sun Yat-Sen Memorial Hall in the background aimed to capture the entire thing.  As a result, I had to sit pretty far away from the fountain give the limited capacity of my dear Canon A570is.  Funny enough, though it is sort of difficult to have a clear view of the water dance itself, the people walking around makes it looks almost like a shadow play (The unforeseen consequences, I guess.).  The second half of the clip was taken the day before the Golden Bell Award and the big bright structure in front of the memorial hall is actually the stage setup for the Golden Bell Award.

Something else I enjoy watching is the march of the military soldiers and the flag ceremonies, which takes place on a daily basis.  Following is a clip capturing the march of the military soldier and the flag lowering ceremony on Oct. 29th, 2012.



Since I am not much of a morning person and don't see myself waking up that early only to capture the clips to show you the Flag raising ceremony, I found a clip on youtube capturing the flag raising ceremony.



Pictures and clips taken between Oct. 21 to 29, 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment