On what I walk to see...

"Objects do not have any intrinsic meaning- that meaning is conferred on them by us- and that different people, and the same person at different times, may confer different meanings on the same object." (Hammersley, 1989, p. 135)

Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Simon Levin's Pottery Exhibition "Almagan" in Yingge 鶯歌

Although my friend Yvonne had invited me to her exhibition before, because it was somewhere way up upstate and no in NYC... I didn't get to attend her exhibitions.


Then, I met the artist Simon Levin at a dinner one day and got invited by the artist himself to his exhibition.  As a result, I made sure I went to the exhibition in Yingge, New Taipei City (鶯歌) at the Fugui Gallery on Sunday... since it's just so cool a notion to attend an event as such under the invitation of the artist himself... something I've never done in my life.

The artist Simon Levin makes pottery and I was told that most of the work in this exhibition are "made in Taiwan"... possibly in Tainan.

Two of the art work I like the most are turtles without a shell as shown in the picture below... although, to the artist himself... this guy is an imaginary animal (apparently called Paul).  Regardless, it's my turtle... (Just don't tell the artist himself... 8-O lol)

Love this best!  Nice turtle de moi! lol


Since no picture-taking is allowed inside of the gallery, I only get to few picture outside of the gallery and a picture together with Mr. Levin and his wife.  Unfortunately, my grandpa Canon was acting out and preferred to take an afternoon nap... when I finally woke it up, I forgot to turn the flashlight on.  As a result, you basically get to see only the silhouette of us all. (Meaning... 盤古開天地以來 or first time in history, Ratprincess shows her 本尊 face in her blog... though offering only her silhouette due to the acting out of a Camera with some personality 8-O lol).



3/31/2013

No comments:

Post a Comment