On what I walk to see...

"Objects do not have any intrinsic meaning- that meaning is conferred on them by us- and that different people, and the same person at different times, may confer different meanings on the same object." (Hammersley, 1989, p. 135)

Friday, July 29, 2011

The day the big bird saved me from the pouring rain

"How do I tell this slow rat that the rain is pouring down in no time?"
After the first "videography" gig in my life, I decided to take the remaining of my walk along Riverside park at around 5-6 o'clock.

It was getting a bit cloudy though the weather seemed to be relatively fine still...

Then, I saw this gentleman filming something with his camera... also... a red-tailed hawk hanging out on the nearby tree...

When I got closer, I stopped for the big bird and tried to take a clip or two before it eventually flew away...

It was at the same time when I heard the sound of "rain" although I didn't feel the rain drop yet.

Just when I was watching the big bird landing on another distant tree while wondering to myself, "Am I hallucinating the sound of rain?"-- that gentleman who was then back on the bench asked me, "Did the hawk fly away?"

So I replied, "Yes.  I think it heard the rain..." while huge raindrops finally started falling on my arms.

In my imaginary world, this was what happened from that gentleman's perspective...

So I asked that woman with a cane, "Did the hawk fly away?"

She looked back at me with this response, "Yes.  I think it heard the rain." as she looked down on her own arms.

I remained seated, thinking to myself... "Strange woman... what rain is she talking about?  She must have disrupted the hawk and now the hawk is gone..."

It was then when I felt raindrops coming down.

Since we were by the exit of 108th street, all of us near by tried to get out as fast as we could at our own top speed.

As for me- without an umbrella and unable to run- all that I could do is keep walking on....

The rain eventually came down to Broadway from Riverside Park as I was arriving at my building... just so happened... quite a few heavy drops caught me but I escaped the heavy rain.

So I thought... I would have kept on going along the park should I have not stopped for the big bird...

The big bird saved me from getting all trenched from the pouring rain...

The rain brought forth by the same storm causing all the havoc...



No comments:

Post a Comment