On what I walk to see...

"Objects do not have any intrinsic meaning- that meaning is conferred on them by us- and that different people, and the same person at different times, may confer different meanings on the same object." (Hammersley, 1989, p. 135)

Saturday, July 23, 2011

what it takes to get there (unmentioned)

This question comes up to my mind again and again, "What is the biggest challenge I find in traveling?"

Transportation itself.

On moving vehicles... airplanes, subways, buses or cars... two words summarize my entire existence: "pain" and "discomfort".

Forget about the explainable discomfort as a result of the sitting in any vehicles that move-- or not.

Them bumpy roads... them bumpy roads... them bumpy roads.....

To the others such are only roads bumpy; to those in pains, each bump wakes up a whole universe of pains... one bump at a time-- up or down-- undiscriminating... all bumps together weaves up a web of pains.... inescapable... inescapable... shall you be blessed with such to endure...

On foot... the body gets tired easily and needs frequent rest while the speed ain't so fast and the distance I could travel is actually still pretty limited.

Interestingly, whenever I tried to get to a place or to partake in an event nowadays, one thing that comes to my mind first is-- what it takes to get there-- while, the trip itself often unmentioned.

So I thought, many a thing I see and experience might be nothing grand to anyone else...

I had climbed not up to Mt. Everest and either did I dive down to the Mariana Trench (only if I could- though I did move myself down to Bed, Bath & Beyond.  8-O lol)

One thing that might have made things meaningful to me- what it takes to get there (unmentioned).

No comments:

Post a Comment