On what I walk to see...

"Objects do not have any intrinsic meaning- that meaning is conferred on them by us- and that different people, and the same person at different times, may confer different meanings on the same object." (Hammersley, 1989, p. 135)

Sunday, July 17, 2011

You don't see what you don't know?

I took a rest by the once-dead though seems to be back alive tree during my walk today... observing it with due diligence and extreme degree of curiosity-- trying to figure out whether them leaves belong to the tree itself...

All is serene and calm.

All of a sudden, this huge noise on Riverside Drive gave me a real good shock... thought there might have been an explosion of some kind, or,  firecrackers.

I turned around to see what might have happened and saw this cyclist and his friend came up to the sidewalk from the road.

It was a flat tire.... the tire all of a sudden exploded.

I overheard their conversation-- pondering about where they might be...

"We are at around 94th street."  So I had the info volunteered.

Another guy stopped by... a friend of these two.

It must have been pretty annoying... a nice ride interrupted by an accident as such.... so I thought to myself.

The tire needed to be changed and they were wondering where they might be able to get it done.

Although I had no idea, I couldn't help opening that big mouth of mine again, "Try 96th street.  It is a big street."

The guy with the flat tire asked, "Is there a bike shop?"

"Not sure."

Seeing his friend of a phone, so I replied further, "Google 96th street and Broadway and see."

Not too much longer, I found them getting ready to move...

Out of curiousity, so I asked the last cyclist to arrive, "Anything on 96th and Broadway?"

So he replied, "Yes.  There is a bike shop at 96th and Broadway."

I went... 8-O

How on earth did I know that there is a bike shop at 96th and Broadway when I don't even ride a bicycle?  Not to mention, it's been over a year since I walked along 96th between Broadway and Amsterdam....

Isn't it what they say... you don't see what you don't know or... what your body no longer knows?  8-O lol

Regardless, I didn't see and I didn't know... though... I guess... I sort helped.


View Larger Map

No comments:

Post a Comment