On what I walk to see...

"Objects do not have any intrinsic meaning- that meaning is conferred on them by us- and that different people, and the same person at different times, may confer different meanings on the same object." (Hammersley, 1989, p. 135)

Saturday, July 16, 2011

So... I have to keep on walking

Something happened overnight... I woke up with the pressure inside of my head all blown up...

I tried to shake it off but it simply wouldn't go.

As I was trying to explain to people what exactly it is that I felt... I thought of an analogy...

You see.. it is similar feeling you get in an airplane when the plane decendes too fast from the sky... as a result of the pressure change... you sometimes might feel that pressure build up in your head and in your ears...

Except for, it doesn't even require my being in an airplane... it comes when it comes and it feels like eternity waiting for it to go away...

Might have something to do with the walk I took yesterday although, to be honest, distance-wise, 111th to 65th street is actually within the normal range of distance I travel through on foot nowadays.

The whole pressure building up in my head kinda feeling, logically, might have something to do with problems in the cervical area.  Yet,  it ain't like I was walking on my neck?! 8-O lol

Regardless, I felt I should keep on walking today even though the body was still tired.

I walked along Riverside Park-- going from 120th street down-- in search for a tree, or, more exactly, a once-up-a-time vivacious on-its-own-capacity tree.

I had forgot where it was and finally found it again between 93rd and 94th along riverside drive.

I paid it a visit and bid it farewell... and was on my way back to Broadway-- that was when...

This big bird came down with wings spread wide at full speed from above, almost flew right into my face, continued shooting across the riverside drive, and, took its landing on the other side.

When I finally got to the other side of the street and managed to do a bit of the tiny hill climbing... off went that big bird again back to the other side.

So I reckoned... "I think that red-tail hawk recognizes me and it is playing hide and seek with me."

Although...  it was not really necessary for it to scare the heck out of me... dear.

And, I moved on and, at some point, I got back home.

Come to think about it...

What does it mean to see a red-tail hawk crossing my path?

So they say... "The hawk is one of the Spirit Guides. It is a messenger of the Great Spirit, and encourages us to be observant and aware, and to break through a life of being unaware so that we can see the truth."

No comments:

Post a Comment