On what I walk to see...

"Objects do not have any intrinsic meaning- that meaning is conferred on them by us- and that different people, and the same person at different times, may confer different meanings on the same object." (Hammersley, 1989, p. 135)

Thursday, July 7, 2011

Down by Riverside Park- and up

So I decided to take my daily walk by the Riverside Park today...

How I missed the Riverside Park!

My steps stopped or something stopped my steps when I was passing this tree at 106th Street.

So I thought-- why don't I sit down a bit to enjoy the still life.

It was around noon though it was fairly nice in the shade.

It was nice to be sitting there in the shade... eyes closed... shoes off... listening to the sounds in the surround and... simply relaxing...

At some point, I thought... the trees and the surrounding like me and they replenish me with their energy.

Just a though and it ain't matter too much whether there's anything true in it...

That was the beginning of my walk.

Thereafter, I walked all the way down to 82nd street, found that red-tail hawk en route, and, walked all the way back to 110th and Broadway-- by which time-- I was really too tired to move half a step more...

My body is tired and I hope my body didn't go over its own limit... (not my fault... my body's own judgment call... lol)

It might have taken me 4-5 hours to complete a former routine that would take about 2 hours...

Within the 4-5 hours...

Somebody made his or her first million dollar...

Somebody got promoted or got a raise.... 

Somebody got published for the first time...

Somebody gave birth to a baby...

Somebody came up with an idea with the Nobel prize potential...

Within the same time... (and more time dedicated for this time spent)... I walked-- from 111th down to 82nd street and back to 110th.... a distance I haven't been able to entertain for a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment